Looking at history, people used many different ways to whiten their teeth. For people at higher rankings such as king, queen, and noblemen, white teeth symbolized beauty and status. Likewise, the mixture of ground pumice stone, vinegar, and wine was popular in Pharaohs for teeth whitening. Moreover, different dynasties have used many other natural products; one such is turmeric. However, the latest research shows its unique qualities. So is turmeric teeth whitening a safe and effective solution? Read along to know about its benefits for oral health.
Use of turmeric
Commonly turmeric is known as one of the finest Indian spices used in making curry; however, this spice is the vital ingredient in many herbal products for skin and teeth whitening for centuries. Turmeric comes from the plants and belongs to the ginger family. It is a vital product in many herbal medicines, too, and has strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is also in use to treat gum diseases. Besides it, turmeric boosts brain function and fights infections strengthening the functioning of blood vessels.
Turmeric teeth whitening
Turmeric is effective in teeth whitening due to its components. Besides, many don’t prefer its taste; still use it for the benefits it gives. Turmeric is powdery and has a bitter taste. Few people can ignore their taste buds when it comes to beauty; however, choices vary. Despite its practical use as a teeth whitener at home, professional teeth whitening results are far better. If you want perfection, choose us for teeth whitening treatment. You will yourself feel the difference against other DIY treatments. Few different herbal ways that use turmeric in its ingredients for temporary whitening are as follows;
- The use of oil pulling products, such as coconut oil and turmeric, is widespread. Keep the mixture in your mouth for some time, rub it on your teeth, and rinse it afterward. The combination cleans the teeth, removes bad breath, and helps with dry mouth.
- Another way is to chew the turmeric root. The method is old and is common in many parts of Asia. People chew it one by one with all their teeth; it takes time but is effective. Once done, spit and rinse your mouth to clear away the residues left.
Turmeric teeth whitening recipe
Turmeric cleans the teeth and removes the stains on them. To make its paste, add the following components:
- First, take turmeric powder about four tablespoons.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda and mix well.
- Then to make it’s a paste, add five tablespoons of coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and prepare a paste form.
Brush the paste on the surface of your teeth and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Next, rinse your mouth. There can be a few side effects. So take care when using it. The chance of adverse effect lies if the turmeric is not in its pure form or a considerable quantity of it is used. So continue with caution.
It is better to have a professional procedure despite trying out the turmeric teeth whitening for great results. To know more, contact Caribbean Dental. Call us at (915) 308 1089 and get your appointment right away.